Understanding the Need
There is a requirement to hire a strong finance and operational leader for the European business to drive the considerable growth plans within this market, to transform the finance function by introducing strong financial planning, reporting and processes and to ensure that tax efficiencies and available government grants are best utilised. Additionally, the individual will have overall responsibility for the operational management of the business in Waterford and Tenerife, and the expected growth with a London office in the future.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will work closely with other individuals within the Irish, Spanish and UK business. The successful candidate will also be responsible for building a team over the coming year(s).
The team currently consists of a bookkeeper / operations person based in Waterford, with Technology Development team based in Tenerife and a future Business Development team to be based in the UK.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsibility for financial planning / commercial business model creation
- Responsibility for monthly cash management
- Responsibility for oversight of the management reporting cycle:
- Manage management reporting cycle for the finance team.
- Ensure all submissions are timely and accurate.
- Government grants and taxes
- Review available government grants and other incentives to assist in the company’s expansion.
- Act as business partner to the technical and operational teams
- Work closely with operational team in order to ensure that strategic goals are being achieved and to provide financial support as and when required.
- Improve the current process to drive efficiencies and automation in preparation and reporting of management and financial accounts:
- Review of all periodic processes to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through the application of automation or revised processes.
- Ensure the current timelines and processes are appropriate for continued expansion.
- Key involvement in management of external audits to ensure all deadlines are met and financial statements are timely and accurate.
- Oversee documentation and implementation of best in class processes and controls:
- Continue to drive documentation of all key processes and procedures, together with control checklists to ensure all processes meet the expectations of the company.
- Continue to improve reporting for the business that is timely, accurate and useful in order to drive decision making at all levels.
We have outlined below the required skill set profile, but critical to the success of this position will be identifying the personality and competency profile that would excel in this type of environment and role. Key considerations for this would be:
- The relationship and effective communication between the successful appointee and the executive team, including being an active and trusted member of the executive team.
- The ability to be “hands on” and add value in multiple areas across the business.
- The ability of the individual to work cross functionally within the organisation.
- The demonstrated ability to drive continuous performance improvement.
- The ability to be an effective and forthright communicator
The appointee will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) having ideally completed a training programme with one of the larger practice firms with additional commercial experience including having managed a team previously. The candidate would need to have an in-depth knowledge of tax and VAT regulatory requirements, and be comfortable dealing with additional commercial and operational business issues. They should be analytical with strong attention to detail with the ability to holistically understand and develop strategy and how to drive business performance.
The expected personal attributes include:
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels within the business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/ communication skills while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possessing the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Basic Salary: Competitive
- Bonus: TBC
- Health Ins: TBC
- Holidays: 20 days annually
- Pension: N/A
- Others: Potential Share Options (TBC)
Potential candidates should send their C.V.s to email@example.com